Saturday 27 September 2008

Australia (Brisbane) Has Huge Personal Carbon Footprints!

Whilst I have been over here in Brisbane Australia it has shocked me seeing the blatant waste of fossil fuel, Not just electricity waste but also petrol and diesel. The current price of 1 litre of petrol in Brisbane is around $1.39 AUS or £0.70 GBP which is almost half the price of what you expect to pay in the UK. Everyone drives 3.0, 3.5 4.0 4.5 or 6.0 Litre automatic cars and Utes (Vans) it scares me to think how the global cost of fossil fuels will impact Australia in the next 2-3 years.

Another thing that stands out a mile is that the Sunshine is here, most days, all day, yet in my 2 weeks so far I have seen 1 Solar PV installation and 2 Solar Hot water installations! From the picture above taken from Southbank on the River Brisbane one evening ALL the city is illuminated through the night! EVERY night is the same.

It seems to me I was extremely naive in thinking only the US was power abusive, far from it.


Kind regards


Andy Mahoney
Home Brew Power
Off-Grid Power Installer - UK)
www.homebrewpower.co.uk

Mobile: 07504 50 50 89
HomeBrewPower Yahoo Group On Carbon Neutral Power
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homebrewpower/


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment