Friday 3 February 2006

Chasing-The-Renewable-Energy-Dream


It is more about making use of what we have than taxing what is easy! Do you see our leaders living in council estates wondering where the next cheque is coming from? Do you see them working until late in the cold garden shed covered in dirty oil? No, the reason we do these things is because we are chasing a dream, when you have money all the illusions and wants in life come tumbling down around you, then all you have is money.

Most of us live a synthetic life, basing our morals on what we are drip fed by the governments. Do you think they really give a hoot about sustainability? Only sustaining there wage packages, Fossil fuels is a licence to print money to them all, look at all the governing powers, they all rule and lead by Oil & Gas. The technology to live off grid is there and has been there for decades, Burning wood for heat in the UK has almost been bread out of us, Solar PV has been around for decades but still is a humble waste of time / gimmick. They talk of the time it takes to recoup the energy put into a PV as been almost a waste of time, well why not look to the future and do something about it? Spend some money on the technologies, look at the first home based computers made to the masses 18-20 years ago, a C64 was like a huge house brick, it yielded 64K of RAM used a tape drive to load, had 16 colours and an 8bit chip, 'Fat Agnus' was a word known to all C64 users as one of the internal chips, They retailed at £350.00 at the same time 18-20 years ago, solar was around.....................

Now my 9 Y/O daughter has a furry furby with much more processing capabilities, it can speak to her and learn, it holds a full conversation with her and sings, it gets tired and go's to sleep......... When I was a kid, Furby's where nothing but a pipe dream, I would never imagined as a child that I would see the advances in computing I have done in m short time on this planet. When I was 10, I got a MB Bigtrack, it could be programmed to drive across the room, turn around, tip an apple onto the floor from it's trailer and then come back to me! It was fantastic back then, today I have seen my next door but ones twins walking past, they have a pair of Sony PSP's, they have more processing power in them than the whole of my local town had back when I was a kid, with high definition TFT technology, Wi-Fi, Internet, broadband, instant chatting, full stereo and all for £169.00...............

Well where am I going here???????????????? Solar PV, still is huge, expensive, heavy, only available to the likes of NASA in any real usable form, it seems to be 'Constantly in short supply' Plus it looks like the same stuff that I was on 'Tomorrows World' all them years ago..............How do they licence the Wind and the Rain because if it was something they could do then my bet is that Solar PV would be covering huge areas of the globe, producing most of our energy needs, every news paper would have moving images on them and solar technology to keep them charged and I bet once you had done with them they would be that cheap you would toss it in the garbage once you had read it....

This is not a grumble nor a whinge but sometimes I honestly think the government have you right where they want you, you see what they want you to see and as long as you do then they are happy.

When I was again a kid, I wrote a song called 'Synthetic Mankind', the more I see in life the more I realise what I wrote about back then where words of wisdom......

Think outside the goldfish bowl.....................

Kind regards

Andy Mahoney

No comments:

Post a Comment